Tuesday, June 16, 2009

THE X ROADS

This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it."

Jeremiah 6:16

Temptation is a choice between God's will for us -- the old path ...and a shortcut not ordained by God ... the new path. So often, this path is presented to me as a shortcut to happiness, prosperity, and accomplishment. This could be at work, at home or in relationships.

However, this path leads me away from God and the blessings he longs to give me. Let me not be like the people of God in Jeremiah's day who refused God's way and said,"We will not walk in it." The outcome of their choice was their own destruction. Pretty harsh!

Lord, forgive me for turning from your path and seeking a way that seemed easier at times in my life.

Forgive me for looking for a path that appears to lead to happiness more quickly.

Forgive me for not honoring you.

Forgive me for not trusting in you.

Forgive me for not seeing the importance in relationships.

Through your Holy Spirit, help me look through the facades of temptations and see their bitter end. Help remove the mask of humanity so I can see you more clearly.

I cannot have two God's.

The true God and the false God's that I can chase after.

I know your way is the way of joy, peace, and rest on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: