Friday, June 19, 2009

I HATE Rain


Psalm 139:1-10

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.


3 You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

Psalm 139 has so many good things in it I had to come back to it today after the day I had yesterday.

We have 2 buildings connected with wireless technology at work. They are about 1.5 miles apart There are 200 people in the off site building and they depend on the wireless for their computer and phone connections. If the wireless does not work, they got nothing!

When we installed the wireless in the fall, we calculated tree growth for 5 years.

We did not anticipate all the rain in the Northeast this spring. The trees grew out about 25 % more than we calculated.

O well, so much for logic!

The wireless dishes need a path so the radio signals can be most effective. Between tree growth and constant rain, we had periods where we lost connectivity to the off site building. 200 people were not really happy!

My office is on the top floor in the corner of the building and has windows on all sides. It faces the off site building. All I could see for the past few days was sheets of rain and the thought of 200 people who were really mad!

Ok, back to the point of all this...

God does not care if the trees grow or it rains so hard nothing can be seen.

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

He perceives my thoughts from afar no matter what the weather; no matter what the season; no matter what the message.

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me as the Adventure in Middle Grove continues.


No comments: