Thursday, June 11, 2009

Confession

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive
us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.



1 John 1:9




Purification is a a detailed process. Did you ever go camping and use a water filter that takes all the impurities of the water in the woods out of the water so it is safe for drinking?




I had "Beaver Fever" once. the giardia cyst is 7 microns



To give an idea of a micron... A pin head is 1000 microns



Water filters used in the back woods filter out the cyst and make the water "PURE for drinking"


Confessing our sins means that I view my sin the same way that
God does -- the same revulsion and disdain for them. This kind of
confession opens my heart to the flood of heaven's grace (see
Psalm 51). God shares with me the liberation from sin that
Jesus purchased on the cross; and my sins are not only forgiven, but
I am purified. I are no longer a sinner and the stain of that sin
is removed as well.



I am clean, perfect, and without spot because of God's purifying grace (Col. 1:21-22). God filters out all the junk so we are pure before him



Father, I do confess to you my sins!




Thank you for letting me be honest with you and share with you my frustration and my sorrow for them. Please liberate me from their power in my life and give me the confidence that you have not only forgiven them, but that you have made me pure and holy on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: