Saturday, June 20, 2009

Out of Breath

Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?

Isaiah 2:22


"If only I had the right friends growing up." "If only my father hadn't died." "If only my mother was more supportive." "If only..." People can fail me, but I still pin so many of our hopes on them. I am fallible and mortal. So while I am intimately involved in the lives of other people, let me also remember to keep my hopes connected to the Son of God, who

"
defeated death and brought immortality and life to light"


and who will "
never leave or forsake" me.

My trust needs to continue to be in the Lord of the universe who created me. It also needs to continue to be in him for his grace and mercy and he would change hearts and souls.

As I said in the past, he saved me even thought I did not deserve any of it!

Forgive me, dear Father, when I have pinned my well-being and happiness on being accepted or loved by a certain people. I know my only lasting hope is found in Jesus. A lasting hope I can only feel while walking on the path with you on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: