Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Patience


"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. " Psalm 40:1, NLT











I admit to not being the most patient person in the world. Ok, you don't have to agree! God has really worked on me in this area. I continue to ask for his guidance and wisdom
.
It is something that I constantly strive for, and usually fall short.



I can have the nature of wanting everything to be done as soon as possible, which works out well when it comes to things like work, or yard work. It does not work out so well when you are in relationships with others. Patience is needed in great measure!


That is where the definitions come in:


Patience:



1: bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
2: manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain
3: not hasty or impetuous
4: steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity
5a: able or willing to bear



Ouch, I need to look in another dictionary!



Patience is hard... Reliance in God can make is easier.



Lord, help me bear the trials of life without complaint and manage the strain they can have on relationships. Help me to not be hasty in decisions and be steadfast in adversity and difficulty. Let me rest in your arms as you give me patience and wisdom on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: