Friday, June 12, 2009

GOT PLANS ?


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11


I have taken many classes on project management and planning and wrote a book on project management. Planning for any project is crucial for the success of the project.

Making sure all the resources and materials are on hand for the success and completion of the project is critical.

All people involved in the project must be coordinated for the project to smoothly complete.

The completion of a project takes many people focusing on a common goal or the project will not be successful.

God does project management and planning a different way!

Jeremiah was telling God's people that 70 years after the devastation, God would deliver and restore them. Despite the fact that they had repeatedly abandoned God, he would not abandon them or his promises to them. He would be faithful. In fact, God was planning and preparing a bright future for them.

They just did not know it yet or really believe it!

This promise also reminds me that no matter how deep my own personal gloom may seem, God does have plans for me.

He had the project management of me figured out long before I even knew I needed him!

He will keep his promises to me. He will deliver and bless me. I can have expectant hope and a bright future because of his faithfulness and my trust Jesus, who has already won the battle.


Give me faith, O Lord, during the times I'm weary, discouraged, and beaten down. Inspire me to trust in your great promises. Please give me courage, O Lord, when my faith wavers. Help me obey your word no matter how challenging it may seem or how discouraged I feel. Thank you for giving me a bright future in Jesus. Please help me live more consciously aware of this great gift while on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: