Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Cleansing Shower

Psalm 68:9 (New International Version)


9 You gave abundant showers, O God;
you refreshed your weary inheritance


Nature in the North Country of NY is an unpredictable event especially during the early spring .


Over the past few days, the humid air has the smell of oppression as the warm air is trapped in the atmosphere.


Suddenly, in the distance, a sheet of rain is heard approaching. The birds clamor for the protection of the arching trees.The sun of minutes before is gone as the sound of rain beating the trees approaches.


Just as soon as the rain arrives it leaves as the silence of spring returns and the birds start the chatter of relief from the beating of the rain.


The leaves drain the water from their leaves and a freshness returns as the air is cleared.


This is just like the action of God's Spirit as the approaching storm reaches my life.


But, as the impending storm quickly arrives, God's Spirit, cleanses my soul and refreshes my spirit as I focus on the nature of God.


Lord, refresh my spirit and restore my soul as your Spirit sweeps across the landscape of my life on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: