Thursday, June 4, 2009

Committment


Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Proverbs 16:3


Over the last few days, I have examined two important calls


Action

Keeping in Step

All are actions and wisdom while relying of God's wisdom and grace
The real meat behind this proverb is the basis for what I looked at in scripture the past few days.

How do I define success for my action and call to keep in step?

The answer is very simple as I need bring glory to God for his grace (see Eph. 1:6, 12, 14).


Committing my work and plan to God means surrendering them to
God's will (James 4:13-15),

trusting that God will be glorified in
them (Col. 3:17),

and recognizing that it is not in my power to
properly guide my own steps (Prov. 16:9).

God longs to bless me and empower me -- not for my own selfish ambition (James 3:16),

but for my eternal good (Rom. 8:28) and God's glory.

Like Jesus, when I commit our plans and works to the Lord, we are saying, "Not my will, Father, but yours be done!"

Father, I want your will to be my plans. I want your glory to be my goal. I have things that I want to do. However, if these plans are not for your glory, if these plans are not a blessing to my family or those over whom I have influence, then please defeat me in those plans and please guide me into other areas of blessing. I want you to be glorified in what I do. I want to go where your grace leads. I commit my ways, my plans, and my works to you on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: