Sunday, June 28, 2009

A New Version



This handbook may contain mistakes and printing errors. The information in this this handbook is regularly checked and corrections made in the next issue. We accept no liability for technical mistakes or printing errors or their consequences.










2 Corinthians 5:17 (New Living Translation)

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

You all know I like gadgets and technology. I have a wireless weather station in the kitchen. It measures the indoor and out door temps, humidity and wind and wind chill. A handy item in the depths of winter. It also calculates a heat index in the summer.

Remember Summer! It has not happened in the Northeast US yet!

Well, as technology is more sophisticated, so it troubleshooting. As you can guess, the weather station did not work yesterday. Good thing it was a rainy day so I got to take a look at it.

This was serious. I had to get the manual!

As I read each section, I followed the procedures and, YES, I got it fixed. A major victory for a dreary Saturday afternoon

I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY TECHNOLOGY
I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY TECHNOLOGY
I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY TECHNOLOGY

Sorry, back to the point of all this...

At the end of the manual was the statement at the top of the page.

This handbook may contain mistakes and printing errors. The information in this handbook is regularly checked and corrections made in the next issue. We accept no liability for technical mistakes or printing errors or their consequences.

Basically, they say we know this manual contains mistakes and we really don't care and it is not our fault if something happens and we might get around to making corrections but you will never know anyway so why bother! (my translation) Aren't you glad I am not a Bible translator!

This happens to be the disclaimer that was written on my heart before I became a Christian and probably extended well into my walk with Christ.

What I said

I know I am a screw up

I accept no responsibility for who I am

I really don't care

I may do something if it is beneficial to me

That is UGLY

When God called me to be one of his own. Christ became the guiding force in who I was and who I am.


BUT, it wasn't all done on that day.

I know what I am, not a whole lot different from that person before I accepted Christ.

BUT

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Some translations say a new creation...

This is not a DONE DEAL.

God grabbed me many times to refine me and mold me more to who HE wants me to be. This was not a one time event but a continuation of refinement each day as long as I am one this earth.

I am a new creation, being change, each day to be more like the person God wants me to be.

Here is the statement at the end of my instruction book today as God works in me. Tough job sometimes!

This person may contain mistakes and personality errors. The information in this person should be regularly checked and corrections made in the as this is a new creation, a work in progress. I accept all responsibility for technical errors or stupidity and their consequences but I know I have a forgiving God who loves me.

Continue to work in me, Lord. Keep refining your new creation. I also know I have a forgiving God who is with me as he works on his creation on the Adventure in Middle Grove.


No comments: