Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Keeping in Step

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Galatians 5:25


Yesterday I talked about actions and words and how my actions as a husband and Christian speak louder than any amount of words. It is one thing to talk about being filled with the Spirit; it is quite another to live under the Spirit's control and direction in my life. Paul is reminding me that I must do more than talk the talk; I must walk the walk. The Holy Spirit must guide my decisions, determine how I relate, and control my thoughts and speech.


His fruit --

love,

joy,

peace,

patience,

kindness,

goodness,

gentleness,

faithfulness,

and self-control

must be in evidence.


Paul says to Christians filled with the Spirit, "Live like it!"


Father, thank you for your gift of your Spirit, who is alive in me. May your Spirit guide my thoughts and mold me to be like Jesus in words and deeds on the ever adventurous Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: