Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Actions not words

18 Yet I dare not boast about anything except what Christ has done through me, bringing the Gentiles to God by my message and by the way I worked among them

Romans 15:18-24 (New Living Translation)

How many times have I heard this during my life. Too many times for my own good. Yet scripture gives a very concrete example of what this means in the context of a Christian life.

A few rules to follow for a plan of action of living out the Christian life.


1. Don't boast about anything except what Christ has done through me.

2. Do what I do by example not by what I say.


Many times words are easy but the action behind the words take commitment to relationships and a long term investment in people. Actions take the heart and soul in acting out the wisdom of God through me.

Actions speak to the practical working out of my faith in word and deed on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: