Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Keep the Fire Going

VERSE:
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
-- Romans 12:11


Heating with firewood for my main source of heat is something that is always on my mind. I need to monitor the time I am away from home and make sure I have the firewood on the porch, the piles out side free from snow and the most important thing...


To keep the fire burning.



This takes much work and care as I need to have the right pieces of wood to put in the stove and always have a good bed of ash to start the next load of new wood in the stove. I have to clean the stove out every few days to make sure the ash does not get too high and prevent air from entering the stove. Lastly, I must regulate the air to get the right temperature so it is not too hot or the fire burns too cool, but just hot enough.

I believe this is what Jesus wants me to do in my Christian life too.

As I move forward in the difficult situations in life,

I need to maintain the fire and passion of the Spirit in me to keep moving forward.

I need the fire and passion of the Spirit to guide me and in seeking wisdom and direction.

I need the fire and passion of the Spirit in my relationships as I seek the will of God



Jesus made it clear that he wants me to be passionate about my Christian life. "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my
mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16).

That is pretty harsh!


LORD and King of the Ages, I confess that I have not been on fire for you as often as I need to be on fire. Please kindle in me a renewed zeal and passion for you and your work in the people around me. Let the fire of your spirit blaze in me. Help me keep throwing the logs in the fire as you guide me and immerse me in your word to keep the fires burning in me as the Adventure in Middle Grove moves on to 2009.

No comments: