Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Slip Proof

My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

Psalm 121:2-4, New International Version

As I come before the Lord this week and ask him to draw me closer, a real sense of awe and wonder comes over me that my help comes from the maker of heaven and earth, not from earthly person or from some guru or mystic. My help comes directly from the one who made the earth we live in and at the same time he cares about me. He will not let me go or even let my foot slip as he watches over me 24x7. He doesn't take time off or let his eyes off of me for one nano second. I am in his care and he cares about me enough that even one little slip is under his watchful eye as I look to him for help and guidance.

Lord, continue to draw me close this week as you watch over me and care for me while I am on this adventure in Middle Grove.


No comments: