Friday, December 5, 2008

Continue to Thirst

Psalm 42

As the deer pants for the water,
So my soul longs after You.
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship You.

You alone are my strength, my shield,
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship You.

I want You more than gold or silver,
Only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy-giver
And the apple of my eye.

You're my Friend and You are my Brother,
Even though You are a King.
I love You more than any other,
So much more than anything.

Yesterday, I continued to be intrigued by this idea of thirsting.
It is the last and most powerful human need before we die.
We can go for quite awhile without food but not many days
without water. We are over75% water so without water our bodies
shut down and die. This idea of the deer panting by the water is
interesting. It shows me the deer must be very thirsty
since it is panting near the stream waiting to get a drink of water.
Just like the dear panting by the stream, I should be daily
panting for the stream of living water found in the spirit of God.
This stream should be my life's desire and should satisfy my
needs just as the real water refreshes and brings life to our bodies.

Bring me to the stream every day so I can be refreshed
with the living water only you can bring. Restore my soul as
you are my strength and shield.

Lord, You are my heart's desire and I long to worship you.

Let me yield to your spirit.

No comments: