Friday, December 19, 2008

Out of Your Mind

Philippians 2:1-5

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in Spirit and purpose.

If I am to live in harmony in my relationships, I need to rely on God for my daily bread so I will hunger for him and ask. him to feed me.

I have to be "out of my mind"!

Not because I am crazy but because I need to not be thinking of the individuality and self-centeredness of what I want to be but what God wants me to be. He also ask me to have comfort in his love.

More importantly, he asks me to be like minded. He is telling me I need to look to my fellow believers and look at them with an eye of harmony, not contempt.

He tells me to have:

the same love
the same spirit
the same purpose


I cannot do this or every unless I am like minded and
by God and the Holy Spirit.

I do not have to be perfect to make this happen so there are no excuses like;

"I am not ready yet"
"God is still working on me"

He says we need to do this if we have:

ANY ENCOURAGEMENT
ANY COMFORT
ANY TENDERNESS


NOT later, or when I am ready

ANY....the least bit amount.

To be:

Be ONE in PURPOSE AND SPIRIT

I need to do this in my family relationships and in my church relationships.


Lord, Help your HOLY SPIRIT move in me as I sit at your feet and you teach me to be more like you. Help me to be more like minded as I learn more about you every day

and from:

Your COMFORT
Your ENCOURAGEMENT
Your TENDERNESS


Thank you for making me out of my mind



No comments: