Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Encouragement

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of
doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you
see the Day approaching.

Hebrews 10:25, New International Version

This was really evident this weekend when I was asked to sing the solo in the church performance at the last minute. I didn't hear people say things like, "Wow Rick I am glad that wasn't me, it sure sucks to be you!"

I heard words of encouragement from everyone. There was no doubt in their voice. They had confidence in me even if I was not really sure about what was going to happen.

The prayed for me that the Holy Spirit would move in not only me but in the people who were going to listen and the people who were going to sing.

It was an atmosphere of reliance on the Spirit in our midst to counter the sickness with may people who were going to sing and for confidence that this was the Lord's message and he would be in this place as we met to give him the honor and glory with our presence and our voices.

God you were there to not only let us sing but to cover us with your grace and mercy as were encouraged each other. You were in this place

Your love was evident.

Lord, let me be a person encourage others and show the love and grace you gave to me.

No comments: