Monday, December 8, 2008

Where can you get this living water?

...whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 4

All this water stuff has been leading me to the same place as is mentioned here in the encounter with the Samaritan Woman. I have known God and Jesus for a long time but I have not know HIS spirit like he wants to me for very long. I have known my spirit and what I want to do but have not been earnestly seeking HIS will.

I am no different than the Samaritan woman. She had 5 husbands. I do not have five wives. Wow! I would really be in trouble! I did have more than 5 other distractions that were taking my eyes away from the one and only God and his spirit that needs to direct me down his path, not mine. God knew I had "5 husbands" He knew the distractions of life, he knew that I was following Rick's path not his path.

God knew my heart!

Just as he knew the heart of the Samaritan woman, he knew my sin and my pain and my desires.


He told her, just as he told me, to seek something other than the worldly water but seek the living water that brings eternal life.

He told her, just like he told me, to seek the pleasures of heaven not the pleasures of this world.

He told her, just like he told me, to bring all my pain and suffering to him.

He told her, SHE could have life! not life on this earth but the promise of an eternal life with God!

All she had to do is give up herself.

He told me too...

"Rick, give up yourself and seek the living water that only I can offer.

Stop seeking the worldly pleasures that detract from what I really want you to do.

Seek the spirit of the living God and let me work in your life to bring the real peace only I can offer."

Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me.
Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me.
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.
Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me.

Use me Lord for your good and your purposes

Let your Spirit fall fresh on me!

No comments: