Monday, December 15, 2008

Be Still my Soul, Don't Lose Heart

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Therefore we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix out eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations.
I will be exalted in the earth!

This past weekend was a very emotional one. I was in the Christmas performance at church and was intending to just blend in to the choir. We started singing in September and practiced most every week to get ready for the Christmas performance.

On Saturday December 13th, we had a dress rehearsal and I was prepared to be a voice in the crowd, although I was singing in a trio. So, on Saturday morning, God worked in a way I never expected! The director "asked me", if I would sing a solo since the person who was going to sing it had NO voice. Not just hoarse, NO VOICE AT ALL. I listened to the song but really did not pay attention too much since, he was doing a great job and I had other things to attend to for the performance.

Well, God changed that for me!

He had me singing a duet about Mary and Joseph, "Be Still my Soul"

Talk about an emotional time. God knows when we need things and he was right again!

I should be getting used to this!


I took the entire afternoon to learn the song and sang it in the evening performance. The singing went well both Saturday and Sunday and God was at work in me as I listened to the song and the message of hope and reliance on Him.

I read Psalm 46 this morning and read it in a new light ! I also read a section in Corinthians about fixing my eyes on what is not seen.

But more importantly,this morning, God revealed himself to me a a new way and used a person who lost his voice to teach me an important life lesson on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

What a great promise that no matter whatever the present circumstances I can fix my eyes on what is unseen not on what is seen! For what is seen is only temporary but what is unseen is eternal!

Be Still my Soul!

Thank you Jesus for your amazing timing and care.
Thank you for your people and for how you make plans that I can not even think of to work according to your good.
Thank you for new life and a moving of your spirit.
Thank you for the cross for none of this would be possible without your work to allow me to even come in your presence.

Be Still My Soul!



No comments: