Sunday, December 28, 2008

Improving my Serve

On this Lord's day, help me be mindful of my purpose on earth. It is not to satisfy the desires of me but to honor and serve the God of the Universe who allows me to come at his feet and receives me as one of his own.


[Jesus said:] "Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves
me."
-- John 12:26


I can't out serve, out love, or out give Jesus. He longs to bless me. He longs to pour out heaven's riches and grace upon me. Even more incredibly, he longs to honor me. When our lives are over, God the Father, LORD of the entire universe, will honor all
who have served his Son and blessed others in Jesus' name!

Unbelievable?

No, just another example of God's incredible grace!


Lord, please help me follow the will of Jesus and serve others in his name. Father, I know that I cannot earn your grace, but I want to serve others in Jesus' name and help them experience your grace. Help me reach out to others and serve in your name.

No comments: