Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Clothing for Christmas

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Colossians 3:12, New International Version

As I continue to be surrounded by the sights, sounds, smells and after Christmas sales, I am reminded of the real gifts God give us on a daily basis.

If I really look at this verse from past experiences, I was pretty naked! not because I lacked clothing or even much of what is said in Colossians. What I was missing was the right motivation for receiving the clothing.
The beginning of the verses says"God's chosen People" I really did believe this and God has blessed me in more ways that I can imagine because he chose me and I followed him... in my terms

The real spirit of the passage is, the holy and dearly beloved. I can only be holy if the spirit is in me and I can only feel dearly loved if I let God love me.

I held up a long time with inner hurt and pain not allowing the love of God to permeate my being. This limited the work of God in me and really prevented me from moving out and sharing the true love of God with others.

God acted in a great way and showed me his love in a manner I never experience before as his spirit touched my inner most being.

This Christmas I am thankful for the new clothes I have received.

And they were not even gifted wrapped !

Thank you Lord for clothing me in:

compassion,
kindness,
humility,
gentleness and
patience.

Let me help clothe others as you continue your work in me.

No comments: