Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wait With Confidence James 5:7-8


"…See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm…"
(James 5:7-8, NIV)...



Still on the planting kick thanks to Shaun. I am getting ready to plant a vegetable garden. I haven't grown one for a few years. So, I am studying what I need to do and a friend and I are going to plant the garden together.


To grow things properly, much love and care is needed but without essential elements, nothing will happen! I can be as kind and caring to my plants as I can, but without sun and water, I got nuthin!

Plants also take time. I can go out and encourage them each day to grow faster, but they will grow on their own time.


Plants need patience. The impatience farmer is like the impatient cook. The results will happen in a allotted time. I can do a little to make things appear faster but plants will grow and water will boil in its own time.


Some times I am not a good farmer and patience is not practiced like the verse says today.God created everything to work out in his schedule, not mine. He asks me daily to have patience and wait on him for the harvest. I still need to take care of the crops but it is his timing that the harvest will come.

Lord, give me patience as the spring rains begin to wait on your harvest for the best you have to offer as we garden together in life on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: