Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Fast and The Furious


Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Philippians 4:5




There is yet another Fast and Furious movie. A bad movie on speed. Another cheap attempt at a joke! Extravagant over-reaction! That's what we're programmed to seek and to display in our modern world of sound bytes and over-hyped personalities. Think O.

Remember Mr. Rogers on TV. He was the exact opposite of the fast and furious. Some how it worked and he brought gentleness to a chaotic world for many years to millions of kids.

But gentleness, and grace in the midst of chaos and conflict, is so vital to bring the peace of God to conflict-laden families, churches and relationships. How can I be gentle, how can I restrain from over-reacting to the wounds, offenses, and slights that come my way?


The Lord is near!

He is my vindication.

He is my example.

He is my comfort.

He is my hope.

He is my strength.

He is near.

I am not alone and my destiny, reputation, and value are not up to me to establish or to defend.




Lord, please be ever near me as I seek to be your person of character in the middle of the chaos and conflict around me. I ask that your presence be made known and that my character reflect that presence in all that I do and say today, and each day that follows on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: