Thursday, April 23, 2009

James 5:6 Taking Out the Garbage


James 5:16



Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.


Today is the day I need to take out the garbage. It is about 300 feet down hill to to take the large rolling container down to the road. It is a pain since I usually don't think of it until 10:00 PM.


Just like last night!


The longer I let it sit there, the more it smells.


How does this all relate to my inner being, my inner self-my "house" of who I am?



God tells us to "take out the garbage" every day



We need to confess to each other when we are hurt;


When we hurt others;


When we fall short of who God wants us to be;


When we fail ourselves.



Unlike taking out the garbage down a straight driveway, cleaning my inner house does not follow such a straight path.


I
do it.

Sometimes,


MOST times,


it eventually confuses me because the many crooked paths become a maze, and the unattended rough spots inside make rough spots for me on the outside in my interactions with others, and of course, really interfere with my relationship with God. I keep blocking all the good that God has to give me.


The maze becomes comfort for me since I know where I am but I really do not know where I am going.


I
need to strengthen my heart and get all the garbage out, clean up the inner self, get rid of the crooked paths that I created to avoid facing rough matters, clean up the messes, get rid of the garbage, stop spreading it around in my inner self.

Lord help me take out the garbage and clean my inner soul so I may see you more clearly and see those around me with clear eyes with out all the garbage that is in me. Help me straighten out the paths and go to the challenges and face them with your strength and your wisdom. Stay beside me as we walk together along the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove.


No comments: