Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Joy is Waiting....


Psalm 19:8


8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.




Eeyore was a donkey who was generally characterized as a pessimistic , gloomy, depressed.



He probably never heard this verse.



One of the things God has been doing in my life is to be more observant of Him in all the things of life, not just when I "feel" like knowing God. He is showing me the intricacies of life in a new way as I work, as I play , and as I meditate on Him.




Yesterday I saw a sign in one of the offices at work that said



"today is really not that good"



"and it looks worse for tomorrow"








How this really sums up the human condition, without God.




What is there to look forward to;





What is your hope in;




How can tomorrow be better if today already sucks;





Without God, even my best intentions are pale in a life that is full of disappointment and dependence of shallow promises and people that can fail me.





This is in contrast to studying the precepts of God and letting them soak me in the joy that can only be found in Him. Jesus came in this life for me to give me joy.





I can only experience this through the suffering I have in common with him. He came to change hearts and to heal souls. His Spirit and Joy are complete in me if I follow Him and His direction and wisdom.



This doesn't mean life will be good. It means I will be good about life in accepting what God puts in front of me and see what "life lesson" God is trying to teach me.




I need to continue to be open and observant to God's leading and his wisdom.




Lord, Today I pray you will continue to teach more about your grace and mercy and open my eyes as we walk down the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: