Sunday, April 26, 2009

Getting Ready for the Harvest


He [the one who delights in and meditates upon the Law of the Lord] is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

Psalm 1:3



Planting a great deal of bushes, trees, ground cover, flowers, etc this year has turned my mind to what is needed to take care of plants and trees. As the Psalmist says in Psalm 1, planting a tree by the stream is a good thing. Good for the present and good for the future. It provides life in the present and fruit in the future.

Some kinds of earthly delight can feed my heart for a short time. However, when difficulties come, my heart will wither in the drought of their false nourishment. On the other hand, delighting in the LORD and in his will for me provides ongoing and ever-fresh joy. Out of this God-seeking lifestyle, come both short-term and long-term benefits as well as a resiliency that withstands life's worst droughts.


Just like the tree for today and tomorrow


Dear God, and heavenly father, I do find my delight in you and your ways. I find my refreshment in your living Spirit. Please give me the wisdom to seek your will every day of my life today and tomorrow while on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: