Thursday, April 9, 2009

Believe the Unbelievable

John 13:34-35 (The Message)

34-35"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."


The Believing the unbelievable and Expecting the unexpected will travel around the Bible as God shares with me His Spirit and His promises to those who believe in him.


The first place to look is a place where we are this week. Commonly called "Holy Week", Thursday is a day to remember as Jesus is preparing for his death.


On this day The stage was being set for the greatest event of belief when unbelief was expected.


7Jesus answered, "You don't understand now what I'm doing, but it will be clear enough to you later."


Jesus continue to talk to the disciples and they really did not know what he was talking about.


I would have been right going, "duh" sure Jesus, can you explain that again. I really do not understand what you are doing.

He takes them to the garden and continues the lead to the beginning of the unexpected.

33"Children, I am with you for only a short time longer. You are going to look high and low for me. But just as I told the Jews, I'm telling you: 'Where I go, you are not able to come.'

34-35"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."


Jesus gives them something they could remember!

I love you

You love one another

You will be known by your love


Jesus is readying the disciples for a time when their faith will be tested and the very fabric of their belief will be rattled.


As this story begins to develop,


Love me

Keep me

Teach me


Your Spirit is at work as you are preparing for the unexpected in relationships in my life and in how you will use me for your purposes as the unexpected is ahead on the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove.




No comments: