Sunday, April 19, 2009

Life and DEATH



1 Corinthians 15:19-28




...And the last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Last night I had a unique opportunity and I took advantage of it. I saw the Russian National Ballet at Proctors. I was looking for something to do so I went to see if I could get a ticket. While I was waiting in line, a guy asked if I was looking for ticket. I said yes and he sold a ticket in the 12th row for a discounted price.

The piece they danced was Swan Lake. This is one of the reasons I went.

Swan Lake was written by
Tchaikovsky, around 1875 and was performed for the first time around 1877.

There are also multiple endings for the ballet and not knowing much about the Russian company, I was not sure what the ending would be performed.

It was the ending I was hoping for...
Von Rothbart, the evil one fights with the prince, the good one.

Good overcomes evil.


In scripture, there are many references to good and evil but the most evil thing on this side of Heaven is death.

Jesus died and rose from dead and conquered death;


the most evil of evil was defeated.

As a follower of Christ, I would no longer face death, but would be with Christ as he defeated the last enemy.
Just has the price defeated evil, "The Price of Peace" defeated death so we might have life and eternal relationship with Him.

Lord, you conquered the last stronghold evil has on man. You beat the enemy for me!


Evil has been overcome and death has lost it's sting and you won the war for me today and forever on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: