Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peace OUT

Present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

What guards my heart? What protects my mind? Did you know that the peace of God can stand guard over our hearts and minds? That's the apostle Paul's promise to us in this passage. If I will present my requests to God, with thanksgiving, then God's peace that is greater than any explanation and transcends my ability to comprehend it.


He will guard my heart and mind.


Job is a great example


Talk about a tough time.


Job could have had the sign in his house I talked about yesterday. Yet still he doesn't become hard of heart or go insane. What is the key to his
survival? His ongoing conversation with the LORD.

He will not end that relationship no matter how badly he hurts, how much he is confused, nor how badly he is ridiculed.



Keep me focused on you.

Father, I need your peace. There are wounds that grieve my heart, but I don't want it to become hardened and callused. There are times my mind is so confused that I don't what to do or what to say.

Dear Father, as I trust Jesus, and as I speak openly with you about my life and your grace, you will bless me with your peace.

You will protect my heart and my mind from and keep it pure and focused on You.


Thank you, Father, for the reminder that even as I struggle with challenges , I also need to give you thanks for all the good things that you have blessed me with in my life and my walk with you down the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: