Saturday, May 16, 2009

True Confessions


“Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, ‘I will confess my rebellion to the LORD.’ And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone”

(Psalm 32:5).



During the past few weeks, I have been really looking at the face of forgiveness and have learned a great deal of how God works in me and with me as forgiveness is the key element to my life as a Christian.


True confession also involves a commitment not to continue in sin. I am not genuinely confessing my sins before God if I plan to commit the sin again and just want temporary forgiveness. I must pray for strength to defeat the temptation the next time it appears.

I can always be forgiven, but I cannot always escape the consequences.

To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because the inexcusable has been forgiven in me.

Forgiveness is an act of love. And to love deeply is to forgive someone no matter what. This is what I'm called to do...


1) Forgive,


2) Reconcile,


and 3) Love.


They are all choices and actions.


Although I am continually sinning, God is continually forgiving me.


I need to take the initiative to love and forgive others.


After forgiveness, relationships are often much stronger as this is my desire, today, on the Adventure in Middle Grove.


No comments: