Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Surrounded

"Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live. For your instructions are my delight. " Psalm 119:77


Many times I feel I am surrounded by many things not mentioned in Psalm 119.


Fear

Doubt

Insecurity

Anxious

Alone

Confused

Ashamed

Scripture comes to the rescue again. God shows me here that I am surrounded by his tender mercies.


What are the tender mercies?


I frequently look at what was written by 16th and 17th century Christians.


I found this little "gem" that talks about the "tender mercies" of God


(Thomas Brooks, "A Cabinet of Choice Jewels" 1669)


"His tender mercies." Psalm 145:9


"The multitude of His mercies." Psalm 106:45


It is God's free mercy which every day


keeps hell and my soul asunder.

It is God's free mercy which daily pardons my sins.

It is God's free mercy which supplies all my inward
and outward needs.

It is God's free mercy which preserves, and feeds,
and clothes my outward man.

It is God's free mercy which renews, strengthens,
and prospers my inward man.

It is God's free mercy which has kept me many
times from committing such and such sins.


It is God's free mercy which has kept me many a
time from falling before such and such temptations.


It is God's free mercy which has many a time
preserved me from being swallowed up by
such and such inward and outward afflictions.


" Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD." Psalm 119:156


"I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations!"While you continue to minister to me on "The Adventure in Middle Grove" Psalm 89:1

No comments: