Friday, May 29, 2009

Don't Tell Me Any More!


10 They tell the seers,
“Stop seeing visions!”
They tell the prophets,
“Don’t tell us what is right.
Tell us nice things.
Tell us lies.
11 Forget all this gloom.
Get off your narrow path.
Stop telling us about your
‘Holy One of Israel.’”


Isaiah 30:10-11 (New Living Translation)


Wow!

Sometimes scripture comes right out and rips out my heart. Not the Godly heart but the human heart that wants to do things my own way and not God's way.

In Isaiah's time this was a problem too.

They so did not want to hear about the bad things in their life they said "tell us lies"

They were so caught up in themselves they did not want to hear any more of what God was doing but wanted to hear only things that made them feel good and not reach to the depths of their souls.

"Stop telling us what is right" was their plea. We don't want to hear it anymore.

Get us off this path leading to the Holy One. We do not want to hear it!

This can be ME!

People around me who are Godly friends who can see me from the inside out and offer advice and counsel are the ones I can tell," Don't tell me any more. Tell me lies" Get me off this path to God. It hurts too much. Let me hear things that make me feel good.

Much of our society is a "feel good" nation. I don't want to hear about all the crap in my life. I want to go to church and have a good feeling. Don't tell me I am not living a Godly life, I don't want to hear it. My friends help me from being a part of the "feel good nation." I can say don't tell me that but they do any way. My friends understand how the feel good can get between me and God. They understand the distance it can create and the widening gap it causes.


Stop telling me about the Holy one of Israel.

They don't ...They will not...

They help me and guide me along the right path. The path of righteousness.

The Godly path.


Lord, continue to provide friends who care about me but more importantly care about you and the love you have for me. Keep me on the path of righteousness as I keep my eyes on you along the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: