Sunday, May 10, 2009

Navigation for Life


"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called."


1 Timothy 6:12



I recently bought a new car, nothing fancy but something economical and fun and has good gas mileage.




It is a Suzuki X4. It has many features including it will fit both my kayaks on the roof.

One of the features I like the best is the Garmin navigation included as a component to the car. It is very helpful as the navigation system lets me know I am approaching a road before I get to the road.



Wouldn't it be nice if I had one of these for the navigation of life.


I DO

It is the Bible.


I am shown the direction before I get there. It is the eternal life I will have with God. The navigation device is pointing to the direction of God. It does not tell me when to go but what I need to do to get there.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a device that says,


"no, Rick, you better not do that,"

or

"DEAD end, please turn around,"

or

"Danger Ahead"


Well, I do. It is the daily reliance on God's direction and his will as he guides me with His "navigation system"

Lord, Direct my paths and keep me from danger and loss of direction as your navigation device is always pointing in the right direction...

Towards YOU,

As we travel on the Adventure on in Middle Grove.

No comments: