Friday, May 8, 2009

DAY 1


...as a man he struggled with God...


But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always.

HOS 12


Waiting is something I have talked about many times and waiting is still something I struggle with as I continue to look to God for his wisdom, grace and mercy. This verse comes after a struggle with God.

The Lord commanded Jacob to return to him but he still did not listen!

This is me at times.

Hearing God, asking me, to return to him.

My response...

Hold on God, wait a minute, can't you see I am busy. I'll get to you in a minute...

Can't YOU wait?

OK, I am asking God to wait for me.

Wow,

That is messed up.

How the small nuances of my humanness end up heading me in the wrong direction.

MY direction, not God's direction.

God, clearly "commands" after a struggle that I return to him and wait for him.

I have talked many times about friends and their impact on my life. I want to thank one very special friend for their conversation of the soul. We talked about "DAY 1" and Much Advice Was shared which was needed in great measures.

As I searched scripture, there was no better place to look as God clearly says that after a struggle with him, I need to return to him.

Simple principle...just dumb me.

Every day is DAY 1 if I clearly head in the direction of wisdom and return to God EVERY DAY,

HIS WAY

Lord, I return to you on DAY 1 and wait for you as I wait on you on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: