Sunday, May 24, 2009

Discipline

He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray

Proverbs 10:17



My behavior is influenced and changed by instruction and practice.

Discipline is not only important to me, but also to those who are influenced by my actions. I am not so great at it! So often I undervalue the impact of my personal decisions on others. But God has placed each of us in a circle of influence to be a blessing and a redemptive influence for those around us. To choose what is foolish, to ignore godly correction, not only jeopardizes my own future, but also the future of others.

Father, humble and correct me gently. I know I am weak and not where I want to be spiritually. Mature me with your Spirit and correct me with your Word and your discipline.
Make my influence a blessing to those you have placed around me on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: