Sunday, May 17, 2009

Built to last


Here’s the last solution for you to test out in the days, weeks, months, and years to come: Trust God to give you the wisdom, the patience, and the vision to look beyond the clutter of the moment to that Rock on which you built your house. Then it will stand through any storm (Matthew 7:24-27)



This is a great translation of this popular verse.

In the churn of life, I have been caught up many times in the present of the situation without looking beyond the circumstances of the event.

Looking beyond the moment means taking my sight off myself and looking in to the gaze of God.

Looking beyond the moment means my thoughts and actions reflect what God has done for me in the past so I can focus on the grace and mercy he has shown me.

Looking beyond the moment means to pick my eyes up from the view of the ground and to lift my eyes to the heavenly realms so I might be wrapped in the spirit of God.



Jesus is where my sight needs to be focused. Sometimes my view of Jesus is like the eye chart in the doctor's office. If I keep backing up, I will see there are letters but I will not be able to identify them. If I move closer so they are in my focal range, I see not only the letters, but I can identify them. As I grow older, as we all do every day, I see my need to inch closer to the eye chart just as I see my need to move closer for a more intimate relationship with God.

My relationship needs to be continually built on Jesus who is the rock of my salvation and my key to fellowship with God.

I know my sight needs to be on you as my situation will stand any storm on any day on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: