Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting it together


2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline




My job as Director of Technology involves supporting 39 departments. As one could imagine, there is great diversity in my job as each group has specific technology requirements to assist them in serving the public.

The Job Center is busy these days as many people are out of work and are down and out with no place to turn to provide for their families. I am sure there is a story behind every story as all the people who come in tell "their" story about how they got to this place in life.

Most of the time all the conversations are white noise as I walk through the building concentrating on something that needs attention.

On Thursday, I was walking around the corner and a 20 something woman was talking to one of the counselors.

As I walked past her all I could hear her say was" I really got to get myself together" It was like walking in a subway station and out of the noise of the chaos a particular word or statement is heard above the din of the moment in the clutter of life.

As a Christian, I have the tools to "get myself together" as God has given me the wisdom and His Spirit. It is easy to dwell in the the swill of the messes we create for ourselves. God gives me a


Spirit of POWER

Spirit of LOVE

Spirit of SELF-DISCIPLINE

He does not give me a spirit of fear and timidity. I really should not have get myself together since I should have never come apart. But, as a human, I am going to fall apart at times. This is the time when God's Spirit of Power, Love and Self-discipline is critical to get me out of the funk of life. God provides me the wisdom needed to get on with life not as a "woe is me" proposition but a special place on earth where God cares and loves me. It is the best proposition I can have in life. A proposition of Power, Love, and Self-discipline all looking towards God and away from me as you are my guide on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: