Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WISDOM RECEIVED- Just ask for it

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

James 1:5, New International Version

Wow, I can use some of this and I just have to ask for it? God is not telling us we need wisdom. He is asking us if we lack wisdom. This is an important point for me. If I am trying to do this adventure in life on my own, then there is no way possible I will ask for something I think I do not need. My human nature will take over and say to myself, "I am a pretty smart guy", "I seem to be getting along ok". Me in this condition is not ready to ask God for wisdom since I am trying to do it all by myself. If I am in the Word and I have a relationship with God,

I will realize I cannot do it on my own.

I will realize that without God I am nothing.

I will realize that my sinful nature will not even think of asking God for wisdom because I can do it by myself.

Lord, help me to seek you and love you. I acknowledge my sinful nature and my lack of going to you and asking for wisdom. Help me seek you and what you want for me and let me rest in the wisdom you can give me as the adventure in life continues

No comments: