Saturday, November 1, 2008

Real FAITH

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what
we do not see.
-- Hebrews 11:1



"I believe, but help my unbelief!" That's what the father of the boy with convulsions said to Jesus (Mark 5). This must sometimes be my prayer, too. As I look at the great heroes of faith in Hebrews 11, I know this must have been their prayer as well. Their faith wasn't always perfect. Their trust wasn't always mature. But, they stayed at it; they believed and acted with a relentless assurance that somehow, some way, God WOULD act and deliver. Let me stay at it with that kind of faith, too!
As a new month of the journey continues, your spirit and love need to continue to do their work in me as you refine what you have already started.

Dear God, "I believe, but help my unbelief." Please mature and empower my faith so that my life will be a steadfast and consistent testimony to your presence and grace.


Help me not only to hold on to faith but to have it GROW as you work in me!

No comments: