Friday, November 14, 2008

Bad at waiting

All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth.
-- Hebrews 11:13



Earlier in the month, God was really putting something on my heart and it just won't go away. It is the aspect of faith and how I in the past wanted to to be faithful but the keyword is I ! I wanted to put my faith in me. God has showed me how wrong this was. My faith was in him but I could get rid of the me part. He has shown me the me doesn't matter and it is all him . Our faith is in those things we cannot see and how God is "working behind the scenes " so we cannot take any credit for what is going on or put ME in the middle. It is God all the way and none of it is me.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

I'm not good at waiting for much of anything. I'm like the kids who have seen the catalogs for Christmas toys and are anxious for the big gift day. God does have a great Gift Day ahead for me. On that day, all my waiting will be over and my faith will become clear. Let me live the example of these great heroes of faith, and welcome that day right now, right here, by anticipation, praising God for his victory through Jesus Christ in our lives.


Victorious King, Ruler of the Ages, I praise you for the resurrection that lies ahead for me. I thank you in advance for the day I get to see you face to face and join the great celebration of heaven. I thank you for the end of me and the beginning of you. I thank you for this great example of faithfulness. I thank you for your love and for your son Jesus Christ who without him all this would not be possible. I thank you for your mercy and grace and how you show it to me every day. Until that day, please use me to help others glimpse the character and joy of your great victory.

No comments: