Friday, November 28, 2008

Watching your Mouth

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.
(Ephesians 4:29 NASB)

How easy it is to "talk trash" To put others down and to make my self feel good because I feel I am better than another person or I have it more together.

Well, I guess, no wholesome word sums up what I am to say in situations

AND

only say things that are edifying and good for the moment. This means I am not supposed to project in to the future about what someone might say to me and my response. I am only to look to the moment.

A moment in time that is rule by God.

A moment in time where I make a conscious decision to say something edifying and good.

A moment controlled by God.


Lord, let no wholesome talk come out of my mouth. Let me not say anything unholy, un-Godly, vindictive, hurtful, spiteful, damaging, and unloving.

Let me be edifying in my life and use me to influence those around me for your good and your purpose.

No comments: