Friday, November 21, 2008

In God I Trust


O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.

Psalm 84:12, New International Version



I see this every day on the back of our dollar bill. "In God we trust"

Do I really believe this? How many thousands of dollar bill have I handled and not even notice this is on the back of the dollar bill. It is much like how my relationship with God is at times. I know he is there but I just get a fleeting glimpse of him because I am interested in picking him up when I am interested.

This is not the relationship God wants me to have. He wants me to worship him and enjoy him forever not just put him on the nightstand and use him for my own good.

I need to be used for YOUR purposes and for the divine good of your kingdom.

"In God we trust" is not something I should take lightly but as a guidepost for the future.

Lord, help me look to you for my trust , love, and direction and I would not be a stumbling block to having you work in me.


No comments: