Sunday, November 30, 2008

I have the POWER

...And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3

It is in verses like this that I am humbled and brought to my knees as I considered the greatness of God's love and how it is personal for me. Many times, I tried to go it alone and tried it under my own power. This past week , God's word touched me about the importance of what I do before him as I make a meager attempt to walk in his way. I stumble and fall and he is there to pick me up. I say things that are not Godly and he is here to listen to me confess my sin to him. I feel unloved and broken and his hands are there to reach out to me and tell me , "come with me, I will lead you down the path of hope"

Then today, his word tells me that I have the power to understand how much God really does love me through Jesus. Scripture says in Ephesians that I will have the power if I am rooted in love.

For many years, I know I was rooted in love.
Julie is a Master Gardener, she is a good teacher who taught me that when you plant something, the soil is prepared and all consideration is given to making sure the plant has the right conditions for growth. Great care is taken to ensure the rooting of the plant is done to minimize the trauma and shock of a new environment.

I was rooted in God's love for many years...

Now comes the established part. Continuing with my Master Gardener, establishing a plant is the hard part. The environment is always trying to take it down. Weather, water, nutrients, and especially weeds will try to ruin the life of a plant or stop it from growing.

I have been a bad gardener.

The weeds had grown up so I could not see and the nutrients of God's love were almost gone.


The GREAT MASTER GARDENER took the gardening chores away from me as I was really doing a bad job. He is showing me the real substance of life is not in me, but totally in him and his Holy Spirit is the nutrient I need for growth and contentment.

Then Today...

He blew me away..

That I,

Broken

and

Fallen

have been given the power, established in love. to know

HOW LONG

HOW DEEP

HOW WIDE


is God's love to for me

God says "how far is the east from the west" This is the measure of his love.

BUT, not only does he tell me that I can understand this but I can have this!


He says I can be filled with the measure of all the fullness of God.

This fullness is unmeasurable since we cannot measure how deep and how wide and how long is, to grasp the unbelievable dimension of the love God has for us.

God is GREAT!


Lord, continue to establish me in the soil of your spirit so I may continue to grasp the greatness of your love as far as it is from the east form the west. Breathe on me the live of your love as I continue on the adventure from Middle Grove.

Thank you for new life established and rooted in you!


No comments: