Thursday, November 27, 2008

REAL THANKSGIVING- The Lord is Faithful

Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing (Psalm 145:13-16
NIV).

This Thanksgiving as I come before God as a renewed creation in him, I am thankful for my family, my friends and for a job to provide for my family.

BUT..

More importantly...

I am thankful for the faithfulness of God and his everlasting kingdom. Our influence and memories fade after a few generations. The Lord's last through all generations. His promises are honored and he lifts up all who fall. He opens his hand to us. This gesture is one of complete openness and welcome. An open hand is there for us to accept it to be lead in his time and his place to a kingdom everlasting.

I thank you Lord for accepting me and loving me. Let my love be evident in all I do, think, and say to bring you all the honor and glory. Use me as an instrument of your love and mercy.

Thank You Lord

No comments: