Monday, July 20, 2009

YOU OWN ME!



But now, this is what the LORD says -- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."

Isaiah 43:1


When my daughter Lauren was about 15 years old she was having a tough time with her adolescence! She was very single minded and self absorbed. I guess this can happen at any time in your life!

Well Lauren being the confident teen and in charge of herself... stood at the top of the steps in the family room and announced that "We did not Own her and were not going to tell her what to do"

Wow, What a pronouncement! Well. I didn't own her but I did pay all her bills and provide a roof over her head.

Thankfully this did not last long and she is now a great parent of two wonderful children.


The Bible says we (I) are "owned"

I belong to the LORD, God of all creation and God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (cf. 1 Pet. 2:9-10). I am a recipient of God's grace and are blessed by his love for Israel's fathers. I do not
have to fear because God is in control of my future, just as he worked through the history of his chosen people to send the Messiah. He will accompany me through the difficult trials I will
face. He will make sure my redemption is realized.

Why?

Because I belong to him.

I am his.

He knows me.

He formed me.

He owns me

God's people are his possession forever. I am a child of the Almighty God!


LORD -- God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob -- I praise you for your faithfulness to your promises. I thank you for your work through many generations. I deeply appreciate you sending your Son and our Messiah to redeem me . Please know my deep gratitude for the blessing of belonging to you and knowing that I can trust my future with you. Please bless me with an awesome sense of your abiding presence and use me to bring you glory on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

1 comment:

Lauren G said...

Dad, Praise God I am not a moody teenager anymore! Sorry for saying that and for being a big meany to you two. Love you!