Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pouring out Love


And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Romans 5:5




I keep coming back to Hope. As I continue to walk down the path I look to the leading of God.
But, I really do not know what he is doing. As I have seen, I can make the plan down the path but God will put my next step down as he guides me. Sometimes my steps are directed in paths that are unexpected. What is the time period between lifting my foot and allowing God to put in down on the path?


It is the Time HOPE. It is the time of uncertainty and doubt. It is the time of restlessness and impatience It is the time of fear and darkness It is the time of loneliness and anxiety

It is the Time of HOPE
Hope has lost it's punch in modern western vocabulary. It hardly qualifies as an adequate translation of the meaning in most New Testament passages.

Hope is the assurance that what we believe will happen. We could call it spiritual confidence. We have that spiritual confidence because more than just a wish, more than just an emotion, more than just a belief rests in our hearts; God himself lives in us through his Holy Spirit.

When we become Christians, Jesus pours out the Spirit upon us (Titus 3:3-7) as God's gift to us (Acts 2:38; 5:32) to cleanse us (1 Cor. 6:11), make us part of the same Body (1 Cor. 12:12-13), and live inside us (1 Cor. 6:19-20). Paul adds one more thing to that list of blessings from God's presence within us -- God's love. We don't just have it; God keeps refreshing it through the Holy Spirit, just as Jesus had promised (John 7:37-39).



HOPE is not rubbing the magic lamp and asking the genie to grant my wish. Hope is a reliance on the Holy Spirit to work in my life and those around me in miraculous ways of forgiveness and healing.


Holy and Almighty God, awesome in power and majestic in holiness, thank you for not only coming to us in Jesus, but thank you also for living in me through your Spirit. Please pour your love into my heart so that the fruit of your grace may flow from me to those around me and everyone around me will know of your grace.


Let HOPE reign today as you plant my next step on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: