Thursday, July 23, 2009

First Choice


For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will -- to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves (Ephesians 1:4-6 TNIV).


I have been thinking alot about the struggles of life and why would God choose me. Yesterday I was in this tug of war battle while on this side of eternity. My neighbor is a "meat man" He works for the company that does all the work on making sure Angus beef meets all the conditions for quality. We talk about this often and this lead me to look at how meat is graded. The Best Quality is Called PRIME. I thought about this....


Do I want to be prime?


This is the best without imperfection. It is usually sold in high quality restaurants. It is the best...

Do I want to be Prime?

Well the conclusion I came to is God does not want me to be prime. If I was, I would take credit since I would think I was good and I controlled the situation.

What I am is FIRST CHOICE. This is the grade that is good but has imperfections. This is me! I may think I am prime but I am FIRST CHOICE in God's eyes. He accepts me with my imperfections and all the junk in my life. He looks at the imperfections and still chooses me. He looks at these imperfections and puts them at the feet of Christ. Just as God chose Christ, who was perfect, he chooses me with the imperfections and anomalies.


I don't have to be perfect, but he stills looks at me as "FIRST CHOICE".




Lord, Thank you for making this choice not up to me! Thank you for loving me and taking me with all the imperfections of who I am as you put them at the feet of Jesus while on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: