Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boldly


"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. "

Hebrews 4:16, NLT


Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.



This was the opening of the original Star Trek for each of the episodes on TV. They announced they were going to Boldly go where no man has gone.

"Probably would be were no person has gone", if it started today!

Notice they were only going to take 5 years for their exploration.

God asks me to go boldly before the throne of my gracious God. There is no time frame or frequency for this to happen. Just go boldly before the throne of God.

I will not go on this journey to find unknown planets or alien beings.

I go before the throne since this is the place where I will find God's mercy and his grace. I am not going away, I am going home.

Lord, be with me today, as I go boldly were no one has gone before because each time I go before the throne of grace it is uncharted territory of my life. Thank you for your grace and mercy as the Adventure in Middle Grove continues.

No comments: