Thursday, July 2, 2009

Passion


But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6:33


Yesterday I was discussing that God did not need my talent, MY WAY! He does desire to develop a closer relationship with me. How do I do this?

Rely on HIM and

Seek!

This is the focus word in this verse. This is not a "sit on your butt word and click the remote." It is a passionate pursuit of something to make it my own. The Kingdom, and the righteousness of those in this Kingdom, are not my wish, my hope, my dream.

They are to be my passion.


I will pursue God's Kingdom at all costs. I will pursue it with passion. This should be my consuming effort until it is my own!


Forgive me, Lord, for letting my passion for your Kingdom and your character get pushed to the side. Shake me each morning with a new scent of passion for your work and your will for that day. Father, I want to be a passionate seeker; please make me restless for your Kingdom as my home, today on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: