Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do Gooders


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:9






Doing good is falling out of fashion. Up to this recent economic crisis, many people would do good through charitable organizations. This made people feel good since they could feel they were doing something. Well, it must have not made them feel real good. Charitable giving is down this year almost 10%. It will continue to decrease as the stale economy continues this year.

What is the point of all this?

If people give out of a feeling that they need a tax break or it makes them feel good, it is a second priority in life if everything works out.

The giving God calls me to do good through times of plenty and times of want. I am not to do good only when it is convenient or I feel I need a boost. I am to do good at all times. I will get weary but this verse reminds me to NOT to get weary and to keep moving to Do Good For Christ.

Lord, help me to continue to work for your glory, not mine. Let me be one of the DO-GOODERS for you on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: