Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hold on!


"Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. "

Hebrews 10:23



Ok, I have to admit it. I was never on a winning tug of war team! I was small in Junior High School and at the end of the year we used to have field days. One of the highlights of field days was the tug of war. I think the teacher derived great satisfaction from pairing the bone head jocks against the little wet noodles!

Alright, guess where I was! I always thought big but, alas, I was the wettest of the noodles. I used to watch all those body building shows and wish I was like them but I never had the money to buy the super duper protein enhanced steroid laden shakes sold by the beautiful girls standing next to the guy with the well sculpted body..

OK, ADD moment, back on task.

My life is a constant tug of war between my humanity and my hope for the future. I guess this was already a problem. Holding on tight to hope is what is mentioned in Hebrews. Not only hold on tight but not wavering.

I don't think I am on the side that is winning. I think I am on the side that is holding on being pulled. I don't think this is a negative thing. If I was on the side that was pulling the other team over the line, I would take all the credit for the strength and effort. If I am on the team holding on, I need to rely on God and I cannot take the credit since I need to hold on with God's strength, not mine. I cannot take any credit!

Lord, Help me hold on as I know you will keep your promises of eternity as the path continues to wind on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: